We are looking for Residency & Public Programme Curator
Turning the 11th wheel of fortune, we want to invite a colleague and essential member of the team to develop the future direction of the Residency Programme as well as its Public Programme strategy, working closely with the Director and Coordinator. In tandem with Alternative Education and Public Programme Curator, you will form the core curatorial team and will carry out key curatorial research in Rupert, introducing new ideas, themes and formats into its programmes.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone who has a strong sense of leadership, close team-working skills and is capable of working on fast-paced and complex tasks in a dynamic environment. Rupert Residency and Public Programme curator’s role requires a person with strong empathy, communication skills and familiarity with local and international cultural fields. We are looking for candidates who are flexible, cooperative, curious, proactive, independent and skilled problem-solvers.
WHAT WE OFFER?
– Our office that is located in Valakampiai, outside the Vilnius city-centre, next to a river and lush forests;
– The opportunity to gain work experience at one of the most rapidly growing contemporary art institutions in the region;
– The chance to develop Rupert’s programmes while also participating in other activities of local networks;
– The possibility to establish connections and work together with outstanding international artists and researchers, as well as networking with our international partners;
– A dynamic and stimulating day-to-day atmosphere for initiating activities and projects;
– 20 days of annual leave, plus Lithuanian public holidays;
– Training and mentoring opportunities;
– Research trips;
– Discounts at and access to Rupert’s partners’ events or international venues.
Hours of work: full time, 40 hours per week
Contract type: Temporary, with a possibility of prolongation after a year
Salary: € 1 800 monthly (before tax) fixed salary, additional benefits possible on project basis
Start date: October 2023
Application deadline: 8 September 2023, 00:00 (EET)
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held in September, 2023.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please send the below documents as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Rupert Curator’:
– Motivation Letter (no longer than one A4 page, 12 pt);
– Two references from your recent employer or university (full name, job title, email address; they will not be contacted without your prior consent);
– Portfolio of past projects (optional).
If you have any questions about this role, please get in touch at email@example.com